Experienced writer and producer with a successful background in TV news and tech. Effective project manager with proven track record of delivering results, excellent team collaboration, and successfully managing customer relationships. Former Seattle Chapter President of the Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) and past member of the Department of Communication Alumni Board at the University of Washington.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
● Producing original content.
● Project and campaign management.
● Content strategist and writer.
● In-depth knowledge of Movies and TV entertainment industry.
● Social media with SEO experience.
● Internal/external partner relationships.
● Customer-obsessed merchandising.
● Data-driven decision making.
Content Writer, Microsoft Azure Global Growth | Redmond, WA | 2021 – Present
Produce engaging written and video content to promote Customer co-creation program.
● Journalism/Video Editing: Interview internal and external partners to create testimonials, case studies, blogs, and newsletters.
● Social Media: Write copy, design graphics, and animated posts.
Content Writer, Automation Anywhere | San Jose, CA | 2019 – 2020
Created website, blog, and social media content based on customer success stories.
● Journalism: Interviewed customers and partners to create case studies.
● Content Strategy: Wrote and designed layout for quarterly newsletter to increase customer engagement
● Partner Management: Worked with customer marketing, account managers, and external partners to ensure timelines and deadlines were met.
● Social Media: Edited and managed LinkedIn and Twitter posts.
Microsoft Movies & TV Category Manager, Microsoft Store | Redmond, WA | 2016-2018
Delivered exciting customer content to millions of users worldwide, drove revenue, increased engagement, while meeting business KPIs.
● Worldwide Merchandising: Drove quality merchandising in 21 worldwide markets, delivering relevant customer experiences while exceeding revenue goals.
● Partner Management: Conduit between Microsoft Movies & TV Business Team and Managed Services vendor team to implement content-strategy best practices and drive PUUs.
● Influence: Partnered with Xbox Programming, Product Store Marketing, and Social Media teams to ensure high-visibility and revenue-yielding placements for priority titles in high-profile campaigns.
● Campaign Management: Managed Microsoft Movies & TV content for top seasonal promotion including Holiday, Anime Month Sale, Sales & Specials, for Microsoft Store and Xbox.
● Awards: 2016 Virtual Hackathon individual winner and 2016 Hackathon team winner in Movies & TV category.
Video Producer, MSN Video | Vancouver, BC | 2014-2016
Programmed videos for Top 50 worldwide website attracting millions of daily users.
● Content Strategy: Programmed videos for the MSN homepage to increase engagement.
● Channel Partnership: Supported Sports, Lifestyle, Food & Drink, Travel, and Health & Fitness teams by providing relevant video programming.
● Social Media: Managed MSN Video’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, driving up views and shares with compelling video content.
● Campaign Management: Planned and programmed Super Bowl commercials special events page, increasing streams +36% YoY.
Producer, Xbox | Redmond, WA | 2013-2014
Published quality content daily on Xbox One and Xbox 360 in multiple markets to reach 39M+ Xbox users worldwide.
● Content Strategy: Produced audience-engaging TV and movies content to exceed revenue goals.
● Campaign Management: Coordinated promotions with marketing team to deliver business priorities and goals, while ensuring best customer experiences.
● Creative: Managed assets and collaborated with Design team to create engaging graphics.
Producer, MSN TV, Movies and Music | Bellevue, WA | 2010-2013
Edited, created, and delivered daily content for millions of MSN daily users while expanding social media presence.
● Content Strategy: Edited and produced blogs, stories, and photo galleries to engage users.
● SEO: Integrated best key word/search practices to increase discovery of MSN TV and MSN Movies content.
● Leadership: Managed writers for “Mom and Pop Culture” and “Parallel Universe” sections of MSN averaging 1 million-page views per month.
● Journalism: Interviewed celebrities and wrote original content for MSN Entertainment.
● Social Media: Grew Twitter presence for MSN TV and MSN Movies by increasing daily tweets, resulting in more followers.
● Facebook Launch: Launched MSN TV’s Facebook page, quickly growing likes from zero to 40K.
News Producer, KIRO-7 Eyewitness News | Seattle, WA | 2007-2009
Produced 3 ½ hour weekday morning news show for the CBS-network affiliate.
● Viewership Strategy: Instrumental in turning the last place 4:30 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. newscasts into #1 morning shows in the greater Seattle area.
● Smart Decision-Making: Made quick choices to ensure KIRO-7 aired breaking news first.
● Content Strategy: Chose news content, found new stories overnight, and planned story placement to drive up viewership.
● Research: Fact-checked writers and reporter stories, ensuring quality news content.
● Producer: Crafted creative and compelling teasers to keep viewers watching.
● Social Media: Promoted content via Facebook and Twitter to drive engagement.
News Producer, KHQ-6 News | Spokane, WA | 2005-2007
Produced 3 ½ hour weekday morning and 3 hour weekend morning show for the NBC affiliate.
● Viewership Strategy: Helped maintain 4:30 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. newscast as the dominant #1 news show in the market.
● Journalism: Responsible for selecting and writing stories for morning news broadcasts to engage and retain viewers.
● Content Strategy: Produced breaking news updates and updated station’s website.
● Producer: Booked guests and field produced for special segments and shows.
Freelance Producer/Booker, Good Morning America | New York, NY | 2005
Assisted with coverage of a breaking news story in Idaho for the nationally syndicated morning news show.
● Journalism: Booked and interviewed guests.
● Producer: Field produced stories for daily show.
Reporter/Photographer, The Daily, University of Washington | Seattle, WA | 2003-2004
Wrote articles and photographed concerts and events for weekly arts and entertainment section, “Intermission.”
● Journalism: Pitched, booked, and interviewed celebrities and artists.
● Field Producer: Covered movie junkets and red carpet events in Hollywood for movies such as “Kill Bill, Vol. 2,” “Mean Girls,” and “School of Rock.”
Intern, EXTRA | Burbank, CA | 2003-2004
Assisted producers and reporters with production of daily nationally-syndicated entertainment news show.
● Journalism/Video: Logged b-roll and researched information for stories.
● Field Producer: Assisted field producers with celebrity interviews and stand-ups at movie premieres and red-carpet events.
Public Relations Intern, Warner Bros. Records | Burbank, CA | 2003
Supported PR/Marketing team with daily office tasks.
● Media Relations: Maintained contacts database.
● Research: Monitored press coverage for artists at each tour city stop.
● Writing: Helped write and edit press releases.
● Project Management/Event coordination: Helped organize itineraries and assist with on-site events.
Intern, FOX Sports Net Northwest | Bellevue, WA | 2003
Worked with producers and on-air talent to build daily regional newscast.
● Video: Gathered clips, logged b-roll, and monitored live feeds.
● Field Producer: Interviewed MLB players, college athletes, and coaches post-games.
Communications Intern, Seattle Department of Transportation | Seattle, WA | 2001-2003
Oversaw the end-to-end production of monthly employee newsletter, “The Roadrunner.”
● Journalism: Interviewed employees, wrote articles and photographed events.
● Design: Used Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Pagemaker to complete newsletter layout
Writer/Photographer, The Herald | Everett, WA | 1998-2000
Regular contributor to teen section, “The Edge.”
● Journalism: Pursued interviews, wrote about and photographed arts and entertainment events.
Writer/Photographer, The Seattle Times | Seattle, WA | 1999-2000
Contributor to teen newspaper, “Mirror.”
● Journalism: Pitched engaging story ideas and wrote arts and entertainment stories.
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
● BA in Journalism.
Fluent in Indonesian and proficient in American Sign Language.